First 2015 Pyramid Trip

I made the first 2015 trek out to the big desert lake yesterday.  Much to my surprise when I arrived I saw cars on every beach, odd for this time of year considering the fishing has been spotty at best.  It turned out to be one of two large fishing tournaments they hold out there each year.  I have never had much interest in competing in one out there although about 4 years ago I caught a fish during a tournament that would have put me in 19th place.  I would have won some shotgun shells or something small like that.  The fishing turned out to be really good, mainly in part to the clouds, rain, and consistently howling face wind.  At the beach I was at I probably saw 100 fish landed with a 12 pounder being the biggest.  I landed 8 fish all day and lost or missed another 5 or so.  The guy that caught the 12pounder only caught 1 fish in the 4 hours that he was perched next to me, go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment