Lights Out

Headed out to Pyramid today after I woke up this morning and it was raining in town.  The plan was to go fish the Truckee today, but I didn't want to get down to the water and find it murked up from the rain.  I made it out to the lake today around 6:30 and there wasn't a cloud in the sky.  That usually isn't a good sign but with the wind kicking up some decent waves I knew the lake would produce.  From 6:30-8:30 there was more action than I have had in my last 3 trips out combined.  I wouldn't really say the spawn is in full swing, I just think you have to catch the right conditions.  I got all my fish stripping today, however there were quite a few guys sticking fish on the indicator.  The fish were 1 to 2 today, for every 1 fish I landed I missed or pulled out of 2, it could have easily been a 30 fish day.  I fished next to an old timer today named Brian who fishes out there 4 days a week.  I told him I liked his chair and he gave me the number to the guy who makes them.  I guess its time to channel my inner old man and buy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment